Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, January 29, 2015

John 21

The Savior taught -

"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another."  (New Testament | John 13:34)

I specifically note that the Savior taught "as I have loved you".  This would mean to me that we search the scriptures to learn how He has loved us.  Which may include teaching, testifying, kindness, rebuking, etc.

I find it interesting as the Savior had promised to visit His apostle in Galilee, that as they are fishing, He comes to the sea shore.  But what is even more interesting to me is that as His apostles returned to the shore -

"As soon then as they were come to land, they saw a fire of coals there, and fish laid thereon, and bread.
10 Jesus saith unto them, Bring of the fish which ye have now caught."  (New Testament | John 21:9 - 10)

The Savior of the world prepared breakfast for them.  Even beckoning them -

"...Come and dine..."  (New Testament | John 21:12)

John then records -

"Jesus then cometh, and taketh bread, and giveth them, and fish likewise."  (New Testament | John 21:13)

This may seem so simple.  But the Master fixed breakfast for His apostles before He taught them.  We may expect that these brethren were hungry having fished all night.  But still, what a great example before we try to feed His sheep spiritually.