Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

John 19


The Savior answered and made a statement of profound truth to Pilate -

"...To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice."  (New Testament | John 18:37)

I know what Jesus taught is truth.  I find it difficult when I read -

"THEN Pilate therefore took Jesus, and scourged him.
2 And the soldiers platted a crown of thorns, and put it on his head, and they put on him a purple robe,
3 And said, Hail, King of the Jews! and they smote him with their hands."  (New Testament | John 19:1 - 3)

I think the most condemning statements by Jewish leaders came as Pilate seemed to become fearful of executing the Savior for -

"...from thenceforth Pilate sought to release him: but the Jews cried out, saying, If thou let this man go, thou art not Cæsar's friend: whosoever maketh himself a king speaketh against Cæsar."  (New Testament | John 19:12)

We even read of Caiaphas -

"...Pilate saith unto them, Shall I crucify your King? The chief priest answered, We have no king but Cæsar." (New Testament | John 19:15)

This is the same group that tried to trap Jesus in paying tribute to Ceasar thus breaking their strict laws.  I wonder what the consequence may be for these Jewish leaders.