Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, January 19, 2015

John 12

As His death and resurrection was days away, the Savior taught the analogy -

"...Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit."  (New Testament | John 12:24)

Not only did this apply to Him, but also to us as He continued -

"He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.
26 If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour."  (New Testament | John 12:25 - 26)

It becomes clear to me that in order to inherit eternal life, we must become a servant and serve God and our fellowman.  Follows much the two great commandments -

"...which is the great commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."  (New Testament | Matthew 22:36 - 39)

One more thought this morning.  The Savior said over and over that He does nothing but the Father's will.  We see this in all of prayers.  One of His concluding remarks I read this morning was -

"For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak."  (New Testament | John 12:49)

If find it interesting that in all that the Savior spoke, He only spoke those things that His Father commanded Him.