Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, June 30, 2014

Isaiah 39

As Hezekiah learned the disturbing words of Isaiah that -

"...the days come, that all that is in thine house, and that which thy fathers have laid up in store until this day, shall be carried to Babylon: nothing shall be left, saith the LORD.
7 And of thy sons that shall issue from thee, which thou shalt beget, shall they take away; and they shall be eunuchs in the palace of the king of Babylon."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 39:6 - 7)

Hezekiah responded -

"...Good is the word of the LORD which thou hast spoken. He said moreover, For there shall be peace and truth in my days."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 39:8)

Some may think this as selfish, but I see it more of gratitude.  Having received a vision, Nephi shared -

"...when these things have passed away a speedy destruction cometh unto my people; for, notwithstanding the pains of my soul, I have seen it; wherefore, I know that it shall come to pass; and they sell themselves for naught; for, for the reward of their pride and their foolishness they shall reap destruction; for because they yield unto the devil and choose works of darkness rather than light, therefore they must go down to hell.
11 For the Spirit of the Lord will not always strive with man. And when the Spirit ceaseth to strive with man then cometh speedy destruction, and this grieveth my soul."  (Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi 26:10 - 11)

Yet Nephi continued to express gratitude and praise the Lord and His justice.