Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Isaiah 30

Recently, I am aware of members of the Church that are publically advocating policies and doctrine contrary to counsel and instruction from authorized priesthood leaders.  I think it is to these that the Lord told Isaiah -

"Now go, write it before them in a table, and note it in a book, that it may be for the time to come for ever and ever:" 9Old Testament | Isaiah 30:8)

And what was so important that the saint must hear -

"That this is a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear the law of the LORD:
10 Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:
11 Get you out of the way, turn aside out of the path, cause the Holy One of Israel to cease from before us."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 30:9 - 11)

Apostates want to hear what they want to hear, not what the Lord through his prophets and seers wants them to hear.  Much of what Isaiah warns the people is their unwillingness to trust in the Lord, doing that which is right in their own eyes -

"Wherefore thus saith the Holy One of Israel, Because ye despise this word, and trust in oppression and perverseness, and stay thereon:
13 Therefore this iniquity shall be to you as a breach ready to fall, swelling out in a high wall, whose breaking cometh suddenly at an instant."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 30:12 - 13)

This should be a sound warning