Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Isaiah 36

As Rabshakeh threatens the Jewish leaders and mocks the God of Israel, he -

"...cried with a loud voice in the Jews' language, and said, Hear ye the words of the great king, the king of Assyria.
14 Thus saith the king, Let not Hezekiah deceive you: for he shall not be able to deliver you.
15 Neither let Hezekiah make you trust in the LORD, saying, The LORD will surely deliver us: this city shall not be delivered into the hand of the king of Assyria.
16 Hearken not to Hezekiah: for thus saith the king of Assyria, Make an agreement with me by a present, and come out to me: and eat ye every one of his vine, and every one of his fig tree, and drink ye every one the waters of his own cistern;
17 Until I come and take you away to a land like your own land, a land of corn and wine, a land of bread and vineyards."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 36:13 - 17)

I couldn't help but recognized these words as the words of Satan.  Rabshakeh then is symbolic of Satan and his promises (especially in the last two verses).  Alma taught of Satan -

"...and thus we see that the devil will not support his children at the last day, but doth speedily drag them down to hell." (Book of Mormon | Alma 30:60)

So would the Assyrians.