Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Isaiah 37

Hezekiah, having lived and ruled righteously, and after receiving a threatening letter from the king of Assyria, enters the temple and prays -

"O LORD of hosts, God of Israel, that dwellest between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth: thou hast made heaven and earth.
17 Incline thine ear, O LORD, and hear; open thine eyes, O LORD, and see: and hear all the words of Sennacherib, which hath sent to reproach the living God.
18 Of a truth, LORD, the kings of Assyria have laid waste all the nations, and their countries,
19 And have cast their gods into the fire: for they were no gods, but the work of men's hands, wood and stone: therefore they have destroyed them.
20 Now therefore, O LORD our God, save us from his hand, that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that thou art the LORD, even thou only."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 37:16 - 20)

These seem to be heartfelt and powerful words.  My thoughts are, in that he had lived and ruled righteously, he could approach the Lord in confidence that his pleas would be answered.  They were as the Lord had Isaiah return to tell him not to worry.

I feel that whenever we pay our tithes and offerings, attend our meetings, and keep sacred covenants, we to can approach the Lord in faith and confidence that His will be done.