Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Isaiah 35

As Isaiah speaks of the last days when the desert will blossom as a rose, the Lord instructs His leaders -

"Strengthen ye the weak hands, and confirm the feeble knees."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 35:3)

How are we to do that ? -

"Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God ...will come and save you."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 35:4)

For in that day a -

"highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness..."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 35:8)

I feel that this highway, this way, "The way of holiness" is synonymous to "receiving" His saving ordinances, making and keep sacred covenants, and knowledge that it understood (as Isaiah has taught).  This way that we are endowed with power to overcome the world and be perfected in Him.