Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Isaiah 26

As Isaiah continues his teachings of the blessings that will come to the righteous and the eventual destruction of the wicked, I was touched by the Savior's willingness support us as we experience tribulation in this life, but seems to add chastisement that  when He does, that we may not necessarily do His work, as Isaiah writes -

"Like as a woman with child, that draweth near the time of her delivery, is in pain, and crieth out in her pangs; so have we been in thy sight, O LORD."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 26:17)

Yet at times -

"We have been with child, we have been in pain, we have as it were brought forth wind; we have not wrought any deliverance in the earth; neither have the inhabitants of the world fallen."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 26:18)

Suggesting that even though we have received peace and comfort suffering tribulation, we may have been hesitant to testify or deliver the world bringing humility to the world.


In a great comparison to the passover, Isaiah also warns us in our day how the family and local stakes will be a defense and refuge from the storms of the world (See D&C 115:6) -

"Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 26:20)