Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Isaiah 25

My thoughts this morning may not necessarily be in line with what may be the general understanding of Biblical scholars.  First Isaiah wrote -

"O LORD, thou art my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful things; thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 25:1)

In my mind, "thy counsels of old" may be concerning the plan of salvation presented in our pre-mortal existence.  And of this plan, Isaiah writes where it will be taught, writing-

"..in this mountain shall the LORD of hosts make unto all people a feast of fat things, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 25:6)

Suggesting to me that it is in the temples or the Mountain of the Lord's House, that we receive a great feast on this doctrine.  Isaiah even adds that therein, the Lord -

"...will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the vail that is spread over all nations."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 25:7)

Which also suggests to me that in His Holy House, the veil is beginning to be removed as we are taught the purpose, possibilities and blessings of eternity.  He even suggests that while those that worship in His Holy House, receiving a great endowment of knowledge and power and peace -

"For in this mountain shall the hand of the LORD rest, and Moab shall be trodden down under him, even as straw is trodden down for the dunghill."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 25:10)

And those that do not worship therein will not progress and thus will be trodden down.