Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, October 30, 2009

D&C 58

As Zion was being established, the Lord said -

"Ye cannot behold with your natural eyes, for the present time, the design of your God concerning those things which shall come hereafter, and the glory which shall follow after much tribulation.

4 For after much tribulation come the blessings..."  (Doctrine and Covenants  Section 58:3 - 4)

What was interesting to me this morning were the words of George Q. Cannon -

"The Saints should always remember that God sees not as man sees; that he does not willingly afflict his children, and that if he requires them to endure present privation and trial it is that they may escape greater tribulations which would otherwise inevitably overtake them. If He deprives them of any present blessing it is that he may bestow upon them greater and more glorious ones by and by." (George Q. Cannon, MS 25:634.)


These words again suggest the Lord loves His children and that from tribulation comes many blessings and even protection from greater and unnecessary tribulation.