Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, October 16, 2009

D& C 44

In preface to giving His law, the Lord told the saints -

"...for your salvation I give unto you a commandment, for I have heard your prayers, and the poor have complained before me, and the rich have I made, and all flesh is mine, and I am no respecter of persons."  (Doctrine and Covenants
Section 38:16)
 
He then followed with this commandment -
 
"...let every man esteem his brother as himself, and practise virtue and holiness before me.
25 And again I say unto you, let every man esteem his brother as himself.  (Doctrine and Covenants  Section 38:24 - 25)
 
And as he gave the saints His law he said -
 
"...thou wilt remember the poor, and consecrate of thy properties for their support that which thou hast to impart unto them, with a covenant and a deed which cannot be broken.
31 And inasmuch as ye impart of your substance unto the poor, ye will do it unto me..."  (Doctrine and Covenants  Section 42:30 - 31)

And then, in the very same month, the Lord again reminds His people -

"...ye must visit the poor and the needy and administer to their relief...according to my law which ye have received."  (Doctrine and Covenants Section 44:6)