Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

D&C 46

As the Lord described the varying gifts of the Spirit -

"For all have not every gift given unto them; for there are many gifts, and to every man is given a gift by the Spirit of God.
12 To some is given one, and to some is given another, that all may be profited thereby."  (Doctrine and Covenants Section 46:11 - 12)

He taught one of these gifts is -

"...to some it is given by the Holy Ghost to know the differences of administration, as it will be pleasing unto the same Lord, according as the Lord will, suiting his mercies according to the conditions of the children of men."  (Doctrine and Covenants Section 46:15)

I have had the privilege of serving with several individuals where I have had the opportunity to witness or know the differences of administration even though it is the same Church.  What seemed to catch my attention is the instruction of "why" there is differences of administration at differing times or seasons.  I repeat again that the Lord taught -

"...as it will be pleasing unto the same Lord, according as the Lord will, suiting his mercies according to the conditions of the children of men."  (Doctrine and Covenants  Section 46:15)

It seems that the Lord calls different individuals for different periods of service according to His forknowledge of the conditions of men.  I've felt this way lately as we are lead today by President Thomas S. Monson.  Today, in this economical difficult time, he has always had the vision of rescuing and helping our fellow man.