Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, May 16, 2016

Alma 38

In follow up to a few blogs in the last few days, after Alma again restates -

"...inasmuch as ye shall keep the commandments of God ye shall prosper in the land; and inasmuch as ye will not keep the commandments of God ye shall be cut off from his presence."  (Book of Mormon | Alma 38:1)

...to Shiblon, he testifies -

"...I would that ye should remember, that as much as ye shall put your trust in God even so much ye shall be delivered out of your trials, and your troubles, and your afflictions, and ye shall be lifted up at the last day."  (Book of Mormon | Alma 38:5)

Where it was stated previously that the Lord would support one in trials, troubles and afflictions, he now states that He will deliver them.  But you can tell the Lord's perspective of when with "ye shall be lifted up at the last day" which suggest to me the Lord's timing and perspective is different from our own.