Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Alma 30

In my mind, Korihor makes a very interesting statement saying -

"Ye look forward and say that ye see a remission of your sins.  But behold, it is the effect of a frenzied mind; and this derangement of your minds comes because of the traditions of your fathers, which lead you away into a belief of things which are not so."  (Book of Mormon | Alma 30:16)

Frenzy suggests -

"...great and often wild or uncontrolled activity" ... or

"mental or emotional agitation". (Merriam-Webster Dictionary)

This may be the case amongst denominations without the Holy Ghost.  But I can testify by my own experience that remission of sins that is witnesses by the power of the Holy Ghost is not a frenzy.  It is a true and personal witness from the Spirit that cannot be denied