Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, May 06, 2016

Alma 32

Alma defines faith as -

"...faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things; therefore if ye have faith ye hope for things which are not seen, which are true."  (Book of Mormon | Alma 32:21)

In my mind "hope for things" suggests looking for evidence of truth.  In my mind this is more than physical evidence but personal spiritual evidence of truth.  Hope is not looking for evidence that it may be false.  Hope would also mean living in a manner that one might find evidence that it is true.

This is faith.