Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, May 09, 2016

Alma 33

As the poor in spirit of the Zoramites asked Alma where they might begin in planting the seed of faith, Alma counsels -

"...Behold, ye have said that ye could not worship your God because ye are cast out of your synagogues.  But behold, I say unto you, if ye suppose that ye cannot worship God, ye do greatly err, and ye ought to search the scriptures; if ye suppose that they have taught you this, ye do not understand them."
(Book of Mormon | Alma 33:2)

Alma again asked -

"...Do ye believe those scriptures which have been written by them of old?
13 Behold, if ye do, ye must believe what Zenos said; for, behold he said: Thou hast turned away thy judgments because of thy Son.
14 Now behold, my brethren, I would ask if ye have read the scriptures?  If ye have, how can ye disbelieve on the Son of God?"  (Book of Mormon | Alma 33:12 - 14)

It quickly becomes apparent that the scriptures contains the answers to most questions and doctrine.