Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Alma 34

After Amulek had taught a great doctrinal speech to the Zoramites on the atonement, he says -

"...I would that ye would come forth and harden not your hearts any longer; for behold, now is the time and the day of your salvation; and therefore, if ye will repent and harden not your hearts, immediately shall the great plan of redemption be brought about unto you."  (Book of Mormon | Alma 34:31)

I find that very interesting that if we truly repent and do not harden our hearts, the promise is that the plan of redemption, or its effect, will be brought to us "immediately".  Amulek teaches that this repentance process is an ongoing process has  counsels -

"...I beseech of you that ye do not procrastinate the day of your repentance until the end; for after this day of life, which is given us to prepare for eternity, behold, if we do not improve our time while in this life, then cometh the night of darkness wherein there can be no labor performed."  (Book of Mormon | Alma 34:33)

Amulek specifically describes this process being "if we do not improve".  Thus, the plan of redemption is an "improving" process.