Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, February 02, 2016

2 Nephi 26

As the scriptures teach that he wicked will be destroyed at the Savior's second coming, I think Nephi provides a little incite on the matter where His visit to the Americas was proceeded by destruction which I consider similar to the second coming where he teaches -

"...signs given unto my people of his birth, and also of his death and resurrection; and great and terrible shall that day be unto the wicked, for they shall perish; and they perish because they cast out the prophets, and the saints, and stone them, and slay them; wherefore the cry of the blood of the saints shall ascend up to God from the ground against them.
4 Wherefore, all those who are proud, and that do wickedly, the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the Lord of Hosts, for they shall be as stubble."  (Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi 26:3 - 4)

This would suggest to me that those that are striving to live a celestial or terrestrial life are those that would be spared.  It is those that kill, commit whoredoms, steal, lie, secret combinations will be destroyed.  I note that in that day, the Savior said -

"O all ye that are spared because ye were more righteous than they, will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins, and be converted, that I may heal you?"  (Book of Mormon | 3 Nephi 9:13)