Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

2 Nephi 15

Again, likening the scriptures unto ourselves, Isaiah wrote -

"Therefore, my people are gone into captivity, because they have no knowledge..."  (Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi 15:13)

In my mind, this would suggest that many do not understand why this world was created, the purposes of life, and the plan of salvation, thus -

"Wo unto them that call evil good, and good evil, that put darkness for light, and light for darkness, that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
21 Wo unto the wise in their own eyes and prudent in their own sight!"  (Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi 15:20 - 21)

Much is because they choose to avoid such knowledge -

"Therefore, hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure; and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it."  (Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi 15:14)