Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, January 14, 2016

2 Nephi 13

As we like the words of Isaiah to ourselves, Isaiah warns -

"FOR behold, the Lord, the Lord of Hosts, doth take away from Jerusalem, and from Judah, the stay and the staff, the whole staff of bread, and the whole stay of water—
2 The mighty man, and the man of war, the judge, and the prophet, and the prudent, and the ancient;
3 The captain of fifty, and the honorable man, and the counselor, and the cunning artificer, and the eloquent orator.
4 And I will give children unto them to be their princes, and babes shall rule over them."  (Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi 13:1 - 4)

As the nation becomes more wicked, I believe that Lord is suggesting the nation will struggle economically with less supplies and support.  We will begin to lose great leadership and will have to rely on those with far less abilities or experience.  The results being -

"...my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they who lead thee cause thee to err and destroy the way of thy paths."  (Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi 13:12)

I don't believe the Lord is suggesting that women cannot be leaders.  I think it suggests the failure in the home where men will not carry out their obligations and duties.

Why?

"...because their tongues and their doings have been against the Lord, to provoke the eyes of his glory.
9 The show of their countenance doth witness against them, and doth declare their sin to be even as Sodom, and they cannot hide it."  (Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi 13:8 - 9)

These truths can be quite disappointing to the nation.