Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, January 15, 2016

2 Nephi 14

Though many would suggest that this chapter is in reference to the millennium, which well it is, I an't help but consider it also in preparation to the millennium as Isaiah writes -

"...the Lord will create upon every dwelling–place of mount Zion, and upon her assemblies, a cloud and smoke by day and the shining of a flaming fire by night; for upon all the glory of Zion shall be a defence.
6 And there shall be a tabernacle for a shadow in the daytime from the heat, and for a place of refuge, and a covert from storm and from rain."  "Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi 14:5 - 6)

I believe that these verses are in reference to stakes of Zion much like the 115th section of the Doctrine and Covenants -

"...that the gathering together upon the land of Zion, and upon her stakes, may be for a defense, and for a refuge from the storm, and from wrath when it shall be poured out without mixture upon the whole earth."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 115:6)

Obviously, a cloud and smoke by day, and a shining flaming fire by night is in reference to the presence of the Lord