Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

2 Nephi 23

As Isaiah speaks of Babylon or wickedness that will be rampant in the last days he also sees the work of the Lord... -

"Lift ye up a banner upon the high mountain, exalt the voice unto them, shake the hand, that they may go into the gates of the nobles.
3 I have commanded my sanctified ones, I have also called my mighty ones, for mine anger is not upon them that rejoice in my highness.
4 The noise of the multitude in the mountains like as of a great people, a tumultuous noise of the kingdoms of nations gathered together, the Lord of Hosts mustereth the hosts of the battle.
5 They come from a far country, from the end of heaven..."  (Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi 23:2 - 5)

As I read that this morning, I could not help but envision noble priesthood leaders declaring the restoration of the gospel, being an ensign to all nations, the gathering of Israel as a great missionary force moving throughout the world.