Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

2 Nephi 20


We hear over and over that history repeats itself.  In that Nephi taught that we should liken the words of Isaiah to ourselves, I believe that his words are also prophecy concerning our day.  The Assyrians are symbolic of the wicked in the last days.   Of the Assyrian leaders, the Savior says –

"...I will punish the fruit of the stout heart of the king of Assyria, and the glory of his high looks.
13 For he saith: By the strength of my hand and by my wisdom I have done these things; for I am prudent; and I have moved the borders of the people, and have robbed their treasures, and I have put down the inhabitants like a valiant man..."  (Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi 20:12 - 13)

And with that -

“…it shall come to pass in that day, that the remnant of Israel, and such as are escaped of the house of Jacob, shall no more again stay upon him that smote them, but shall stay upon the Lord, the Holy One of Israel, in truth."  (Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi 20:20)


"Therefore, thus saith the Lord God of Hosts: O my people that dwellest in Zion, be not afraid of the Assyrian..."  (Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi 20:24)


Obviously, the faithful shall not fear.