Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

2 Nephi 16

I believe there is great incite in this chapter.  I seems that throughout many prophecies of Isaiah, things are not necessarily chronological.  My thoughts this morning could have been first, that Isaiah said -

 "Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then I said: Here am I; send me."  (Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi 16:8)

And it was upon realizing the callings the Lord had for him is when he exclaimed -

"...Wo is unto me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips..."  (Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi 16:5)

Which in my mind would suggest that I am unworthy, unqualified and inadequate.  It is then that -

"...flew one of the seraphim unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar;
7 And he laid it upon my mouth, and said: Lo, this has touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged."  (Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi 16:6 - 7)

Which suggests receiving the Holy Ghost or being baptized by fire.  Maybe to the extent -

"...even as the Lamanites, because of their faith in me at the time of their conversion, were baptized with fire and with the Holy Ghost, and they knew it not."  (Book of Mormon | 3 Nephi 9:20)