Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

John 8

As Jesus was again challenged by the Jewish leaders, He taught on of the most profound statements being -

"...If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."  (New Testament | John 8:31 - 32)

Obviously, the Savior was teaching spiritual and eternal truths for -

"...If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death."  (New Testament | John 8:51)

 or spiritual death for to this, these leaders responded arrogantly -

"...We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?"  (New Testament | John 8:33)

Somehow, just by birth they inherited a right that they are forever free.  But the Savior taught -

"...Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin."  (New Testament | John 8:34)

And in my mind, a servant of Satan and carnal desires thus -

"Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it."  (New Testament | John 8:44)

The blessings of eternal life is that we will forever be free.