Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, December 29, 2014

Luke 23

Two brief thoughts this morning.  First, those who were suppose to be the "righteous" in need of no "repentance" (See Luke 15:7), were those that -

"...began to accuse him, saying, We found this fellow perverting the nation, and forbidding to give tribute to Cæsar, saying that he himself is Christ a King."  (New Testament | Luke 23:2)

Obviously a lie for the Savior had already declared -

"...Render therefore unto Cæsar the things which be Cæsar's, and unto God the things which be God's."  (New Testament | Luke 20:25)

These so called righteous leaders were willing to lie and murder to maintain their position and power.

Second thought was -

"...when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost."  (New Testament | Luke 23:46)

No on died that way on the cross.  A person having sufficient strength to be able to exclaim with a "loud" voice and then just die.  Is it any wonder -

"...when the centurion saw what was done, he glorified God, saying, Certainly this was a righteous man.
48 And all the people that came together to that sight, beholding the things which were done, smote their breasts, and returned."  (New Testament | Luke 23:47 - 48)

Again, Luke received more eyewitnesses of these events.