Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, December 26, 2014

Luke 22

I am again reminded that as Luke began his record, he wrote of its accuracy -

"...as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word..."  (New Testament | Luke 1:2)

We know little concerning what took place in the Garden of Gethsemane, but Luke records of the Savior that  -

"...he was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and prayed,
42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.
43 And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him."  (New Testament | Luke 22:41 - 43)

I believe that His three apostle heard and witnessed this even witnessing -

"...being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground."  (New Testament | Luke 22:44)

I believe that this was not hearsay as much of the testimony of these brethren.

One other note that really seems to affect me is the actions of the Sanhedrin, or those Jewish leaders that were supposedly righteous that these -

"...men that held Jesus mocked him, and smote him.
64 And when they had blindfolded him, they struck him on the face, and asked him, saying, Prophesy, who is it that smote thee?
65 And many other things blasphemously spake they against him."  (New Testament | Luke 22:63 - 65)

All I can say is that this is hard to read.