Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Mark 15

It seems apparent to me that the centurion over the soldiers had executed many cruxificions.  But after the Savior had hung on the cross for several hours -

"...Jesus cried with a loud voice, and gave up the ghost."  (New Testament | Mark 15:37)

The centurion had witnessed many men on crosses gradually weaken over an extended period until they died.  But in the Savior's case, obviously He had sufficient strength to cry out and then had control of His own death as He gave up the Ghost.  This seems very apparent -

"...when the centurion, which stood over against him, saw that he so cried out, and gave up the ghost, he said, Truly this man was the Son of God."  (New Testament | Mark 15:39)

Obviously, He died as no man before Him.  It appears also that -

"...Pilate marvelled if he were already dead: and calling unto him the centurion, he asked him whether he had been any while dead.
45 And when he knew it of the centurion, he gave the body to Joseph."  (New Testament | Mark 15:44 - 45)

Being the Son of God, Jesus had taught -

"No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father."  (New Testament | John 10:18)