Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, November 14, 2014

Mark 11

Upon returning to Jerusalem, seeing a withered fig tree that the Savior had cursed the day before, the Savior taught His disciples -

"...Have faith in God.
23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them."  (New Testament | Mark 11:22 - 24)

I'm sure that many that read these words would first think about believing and praying for wealth and fortune, but we learn the condition in modern revelation that -

"He that asketh in the Spirit asketh according to the will of God; wherefore it is done even as he asketh."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 46:30)

For -

"...if ye are purified and cleansed from all sin, ye shall ask whatsoever you will in the name of Jesus and it shall be done.
30 But know this, it shall be given you what you shall ask..."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 50:29 - 30)

But there is also another condition of faith that must be satisfied that is mostly overlooked as the Savior continued that -

"...when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses."  (New Testament | Mark 11:25 - 26)