Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, November 06, 2014

Mark 4

In the "Come Follow Me" lessons for the youth of the Church, teachers are instructed to teach "The Savior's Way".  The Savior instructed to the Nephites -

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, this is my gospel; and ye know the things that ye must do in my church; for the works which ye have seen me do that shall ye also do; for that which ye have seen me do even that shall ye do;
22 Therefore, if ye do these things blessed are ye, for ye shall be lifted up at the last day."  (Book of Mormon | 3 Nephi 27:21 - 22)

The scriptures provides many examples of teaching the Savior's way, do as He does, or teach as He taught.  As the Savior taught in parables, Mark tells us -

"And with many such parables spake he the word unto them, as they were able to hear it.
34 But without a parable spake he not unto them: and when they were alone, he expounded all things to his disciples."  (New Testament | Mark 4:33 - 34)

This would suggest to me that those youth that are in our classes would be those disciples that when they are alone, we would expound the parable meanings with the youth.  Our teaching should then be to expound all things to them.