Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Mark 8

As the Savior and disciples were crossing the Sea of Galilee, probably knowing the Pharisees would be there on the other side, the Savior  -

"...charged them, saying, Take heed, beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, and of the leaven of Herod."  (New Testament | Mark 8:15)

Apparently, the disciples at first did not understand.  I believe the Lord wanted them as well as us to understand that there would always be those that would teach false doctrine and truth which if we allow some of these falsehoods to take a place in our thoughts, it may be as leaven grows and becomes part of the entire loaf.

Last Friday, I blogged concerning faith and that without faith, no miracles can be performed.  In my reading this morning we find an enlightening experience by the Savior where -

"...he cometh to Bethsaida; and they bring a blind man unto him, and besought him to touch him.
23 And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought.
24 And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking.
25 After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly.  (New Testament | Mark 8:22 - 25)

In order to develop faith in this blind man so He could heal him, it seems apparent to me as he led the man out of town, he may have put His arm around the blind man, interviewing, teaching, and helping him develop faith.  It appears that there was a process of growing faith and with growing faith, growing healing.

What great symbolism this is for priesthood leaders that are trying to help one develop sufficient faith to be healed by the atonement of Christ.