Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, July 07, 2014

Isaiah 44

In follow up to my thoughts on Friday, in this chapter, Isaiah again supports the idea that Israel (His chosen people) are not necessarily the posterity of Jacob, but the righteous of whom He becomes the Father and Savior and they are His seed.  Isaiah again says -

"...now hear, O Jacob my servant; and Israel, whom I have chosen:
2 Thus saith the LORD that made thee, and formed thee from the womb, which will help thee; Fear not, O Jacob, my servant; and thou, Jesurun, whom I have chosen."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 44:1 - 2)

Where I understand that Jesurun is Hebres for the upright and righteous.  For it is upon Jesurun that

"...I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring..."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 44:3)

For of the chosen or family of Israel -

"One shall say, I am the LORD's; and another shall call himself by the name of Jacob; and another shall subscribe with his hand unto the LORD, and surname himself by the name of Israel.
6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 44:5 - 6)

His chosen are those that take upon them the name of Christ, make and keep sacred covenants, and always remember Him for -

"Remember these, O Jacob and Israel; for thou art my servant: I have formed thee; thou art my servant: O Israel, thou shalt not be forgotten of me.
22 I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and, as a cloud, thy sins: return unto me; for I have redeemed thee."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 44:21 - 22)