Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Isaiah 20

Instead of repenting and trusting in the Lord as Isaiah warned, the leaders of Judah seem to prefer making an alliance with Egypt and Ethiopia.  As the Assyrians took Ashdod, Isaiah in vision sees -

"So shall the king of Assyria lead away the Egyptians prisoners, and the Ethiopians captives, young and old, naked and barefoot, even with their buttocks uncovered, to the shame of Egypt."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 20:4)

Because of their false hope in the arm of flesh, now shall Jerusalem -

"...shall say in that day, Behold, such is our expectation, whither we flee for help to be delivered from the king of Assyria: and how shall we escape?"  (Old Testament | Isaiah 20:6)

Again, Judah did not get it!  The Lord would only rescue them if they trust in Him.  No confederacy will protect them.  How frustrated Isaiah must have felt.