Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, June 09, 2014

Isaiah 24

Isaiah prophesizes that the day will come that -

"...the LORD maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste..."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 24:1)

And -

"The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken this word."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 24:3)

Then Isaiah explains why, for -

"The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.  (Old Testament | Isaiah 24:5)

It appears that the earth won't be totally empty explaining -

"...therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 24:6)

And because of that -

"...the earth is clean dissolved..."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 24:19)

With these words, the earth almost seems as a form of living entity.

And what will become of the wicked? -

"...they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited."  (Old Testament | Isaiah 24:22)

Which suggests to me that missionary work amongst even those that as of yet have not repented will not cease.