Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, January 24, 2011

Matthew 13

In one of the more brief parables, that Lord taught in an illustration that -

"The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:
32 Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof." (New Testament | Matthew 13:31 - 32)

As the Lord used the wording "kingdom of heaven", I believe it would also apply to the things that bring about the kingdom of heaven. One of those that was in my thoughts this morning is the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon began even as a grain of mustard seed, that the early saints sowed.

Today, the book has grown to be the core belief system of millions of saints. It has become a tree that supports all doctrines, teachings, revelations, and authority that has come to rest upon its branches.