Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, January 17, 2011

Matthew 10

To those that the Savior called to represent Him and to preach, he taught -

"...when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak." (New Testament | Matthew 10:19)

We receive a little bit more incite of these words as the Savior said in modern day to thosed called to preach -

"Neither take ye thought beforehand what ye shall say; but treasure up in your minds continually the words of life, and it shall be given you in the very hour that portion that shall be meted unto every man." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 84:85)

It becomes a little bit more clear the conditions of being given what to say. The condition is it will be given us what to say as "treasure up our minds continually the words of life". As we ponder His teachings and the scriptures, we prepare ourselves to be given what to say by the Spirit.