Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Isaiah 50

In the four gospels and in modern revelation we have what we have in the record and life of the Savior. One would have to assume that not everything the Savior said, or taught, or did is recorded during his ministry. We rely heavily upon the weaknesses of men to have what we have. I only mention this because of a prophecy of Isaiah which I believe was in respect to events of the the Savior preceeding His cruxificion. Isaiah records -

"I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not my face from shame and spitting." (Old Testament | Isaiah 50:6)

All these events are recorded in the gospels except -

"...my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair..." (Old Testament | Isaiah 50:6)

I've wondered if this form of torture and humiliation actually took place but never recorded.