Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, July 19, 2010

Isaiah 13

It is interesting that years before the greatness of Babylon was established, Isaiah saw its wickedness. We will never be sure how Isaiah received his visions but in doing so, there seems to be an overlap between his day, days shortly thereafter, and the last days whereint is the Day of the Lord. As Isaiah saw the wickedness of the last days, he also referred to it as Babylon - even the burden of Babylon. But he also saw that during this great deal of wickedness in the world of Babylon, he also saw, using the commandment of the Lord -

"Lift ye up a banner upon the high mountain, exalt the voice unto them, shake the hand, that they may go into the gates of the nobles.
3 I have commanded my sanctified ones, I have also called my mighty ones for mine anger, even them that rejoice in my highness." (Old Testament | Isaiah 13:2 - 3)

Nephi used the wording that brings a little bit more clarity -

"...called my mighty ones, for mine anger is not upon them that rejoice in my highness." (Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi 23:3)

Isaiah saw also amongst the wickedness of Babylon, the Lord's banner upon the high mountain. In previous blogs, I discussed the mountain of the Lord's house as His temples.

Isaiah also saw the righteous saints and missionaries out and about exalting the word, shaking the hand, and seeking out the elect in all parts of the world. These saints and missionaries are they sanctified. Even and army of God (mighty ones) that rejoice in the King of Kings.

For it is -

"...the Lord of Hosts [who] mustereth the hosts of the battle." (Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi 23:4)