Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, July 16, 2010

Isaiah 12

In his own personal psalm, Isaiah calls the Lord Jehovah. Jehovah is used only a few times in the Old Testament mentioned only be Moses, David, and Isaiah. In Moses's writings, the Lord Himself declares His name as Jehovah. Isaiah writes -

"...I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
3 Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation." (Old Testament | Isaiah 12:2 - 3)

To the Samarian woman at the well, the Savior said -

"...Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:
14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life." (New Testament | John 4:13 - 14)

In my mind, the Savior is declaring to the woman "I am Jehovah" as Isaiah taught that from Jehovah we will draw water out of the wells of salvation.