Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, March 01, 2010

Exodus 3

In my reading this morning, two thoughts seemed to be impressed upon my mind. The first being the response of Moses after the Lord told him -

"Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt." (Old Testament | Exodus 3:10)

It is to that call, Moses responded -

"...Who am I, that I should go unto Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt?" (Old Testament | Exodus 3:11)

I think that is the way most of us feel when a call from the Lord is extended to us -

"...Who am I..." (Old Testament | Exodus 3:11)

How the Lord responded to Moses would be the response to all -

"...Certainly I will be with thee..." (Old Testament | Exodus 3:12)

Suggesting -

"...Is any thing too hard for the LORD?" (Old Testament | Genesis 18:14)

In modern day, the Lord has promised -

"...there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 84:88)

The second thing I thought of was whenever there was not a temple found on the earth, the Lord used the top of the mountains to teach His people. The Lord instructed Moses -

"...this shall be a token unto thee, that I have sent thee: When thou hast brought forth the people out of Egypt, ye shall serve God upon this mountain." (Old Testament | Exodus 3:12)

As a token to His people, the Lord said He would teach them and they would serve in His earthly temple, the top of the mountain if they proved faithful.