Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, February 19, 2010

Genesis 28

Malachi revealed the commandment and the promise to those who obey the law of tithing -

"Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts.
12 And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts." (Old Testament | Malachi 3:10 - 12)

It is apparent that this commandment and promise was apparent in the days of Abraham and Jacob. The Lord gave great promises to Abraham, so to Melchizedek, Abraham -

"...gave him tithes of all." (Old Testament | Genesis 14:20)

After great promises were given to Jacob, he responded -

"...and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee." (Old Testament | Genesis 28:22)

It becomes apparent that this commandment has been from the beginning. I wonder why few religions teach this great commandment.