Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Genesis 40

Paul taught -

"Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit." (New Testament | 1 Corinthians 12:4)

Moroni also taught -

"...I exhort you, my brethren, that ye deny not the gifts of God, for they are many..." (Book of Mormon | Moroni 10:8)

And in modern day, the Lord has said -

"For all have not every gift given unto them; for there are many gifts, and to every man is given a gift by the Spirit of God.
12 To some is given one, and to some is given another, that all may be profited thereby." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 46:11 - 12)

Even though every man is given a gift does not necessarily mean that every man has just one gift of the Spirit. Though the scriptures do not necessarily list the gift of interpretation of dreams as one of the gifts of the Spirit, it would have to be assumed that it is one of them "for theay are many" and comes from God. Joseph, son of Jacob, is one of those that was given the gift of dreams and the gift of the interpretation of dreams. He declared to his fellow prisoners -

"...Do not interpretations belong to God?" (Old Testament | Genesis 40:8)

Meaning God will grant or gift the interpretations of dreams those that are worthy and chosen according to His will. Joseph's gift of interpretation of dreams became apparent as the butler was restored to his butlership and the cheif baker was hanged.