Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, February 26, 2010

Genesis 45

Joseph was dealt some very difficult cards. First he was thrown in a pit by his brothers left to die but then was only relieved to be sold as a slave. Later he is falsly accused and thrown into prison to remain there for several years. He remains faithful and obedient to the Lord's commandments and overcomes these challenges to become only second to Pharaoh in policital power.

It is only after all of this pain and suffering that he comes face to face with the very brothers that considered killing him. Most of us would be very vindictive and seek some form of revenge or punishment. But in what is one of the most positive statements, with a larger and godlike perspective, Joseph declares to -

"...I am Joseph your brother, whom ye sold into Egypt.
5 Now therefore be not grieved, nor angry with yourselves, that ye sold me hither: for God did send me before you to preserve life." (Old Testament | Genesis 45:4 - 5)

That statement in itself eptiomizes the character of Joseph. It is what perspective we should strive to develop within ourselves.