Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Genesis 41

In modern revelation, the Lord said -

"And in nothing doth man offend God, or against none is his wrath kindled, save those who confess not his hand in all things, and obey not his commandments." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 59:21)

As Job was greatly blessed and also afflicted he acknowledged -

"...Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD." (Old Testament | Job 1:21)

The Lord has made it clear that his hand is in all things and that where we are and what we do, we must confess and acknowledge his hand and blessings. This is more appropriate in His service. As we study the Old Testament, Joseph is a great example as he boldly declared to Pharoah even before he interpreted his dream -

"...It is not in me: God shall give Pharaoh an answer of peace." (Old Testament | Genesis 41:16)

Joseph took no credit upon himself but gave all power and credit to God.