Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Genesis 18

This coming Saturday evening, I am going to give a talk on faith. I will probably post that talk next week. Even though I do not plan to include anything from today's blog in my talk, I think it is relevant -

In confirmation to a long promise to Abraham, three bethren came to Abraham and said -

"...I will certainly return unto thee according to the time of life; and, lo, Sarah thy wife shall have a son...." (Old Testament | Genesis 18:10)

What is interesting is -

"...Sarah heard it in the tent door, which was behind him." (Old Testament | Genesis 18:10)

"Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also?" (Old Testament | Genesis 18:12)

I am sure that even Abraham had the same thoughts. But the Lord gave what seemed to be a mild rebuking saying -

"Is any thing too hard for the LORD?.." (Old Testament | Genesis 18:14)

We always need to aske ourselves - Is any thing too hard for the Lord?.

In Abraham and Sarah's case, the miraculous transformation took place in them as the Lord said -

"At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life..." (Old Testament | Genesis 18:14)

It reminds me of the oath and covenant of the priesthood -

"For whoso is faithful unto the obtaining these two priesthoods of which I have spoken, and the magnifying their calling, are sanctified by the Spirit unto the renewing of their bodies." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 84:33)

Is any thing too hard for the Lord?