Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, August 02, 2019

Romans 8

In my mind, Paul is trying to teach the Roman Jews the law of Moses tends to lead to spiritual death but righteousness according to the gospel of Jesus Christ worthy to receive the Holy Ghost is happiness and peace writing -

"For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God."  (Romans 8:6–8)

"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God."  (Romans 8:14)

In that they become the children of Christ.