Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, August 01, 2019

Romans 7

As Paul speaks of his earlier commitment to the law of Moses, he suggests that he felt satisfaction In his obedience, but not spiritual. That many sinned within the law of Moses by still appearing to live the law.  He then explains -

"But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter."  (Romans 7:6)

In my mind, he now sensed a new commitment to the gospel of Jesus Christ, as he continues to repent and strive to live His commandments.  It is the gospel that brings joy.