Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Romans 6

As Paul compares baptism as a similitude of the death, burial, and resurrection, he also suggests that righteousness is a condition for the grace of Christ writing -

"For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?"  (Romans 6:14–16)

Again, "the law" is the law of Moses.  If it all comes down to grace with no conditions of living the gospel of Jesus Christ, why is there so much written about obedience to the commandments.