Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, July 29, 2019

Romans 4

As Paul writes the Romans concerning the need of faith in Jesus Christ and grace, he says -

"Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham..."  (Romans 4:16)

Joseph Smith adds in his translation -

"Therefore ye are justified [saved by] of  faith and works, through grace, to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed [to all people]; not to them only who are of the law [not only to the Jews], but to them also who are of the faith of Abraham."  (Ridges, David J.. The New Testament Made Easier, Part 2

Joseph Smith taught that faith was a word of action.  The JST seems to be in accordance with all other scripture.